HOW TO REDUCE YOUR RISK OF INJURY?
You may be new to training; you mustnt overload your body too quickly as you may get injured. To reduce your chance of injury:
- Please wear proper running shoes. Old shoes should be replaced. If you need any advice, please ask your coach
- Please attend the fundamentals session sessions as this will help you learn how to execute the exercises safely and with correct form.
- Consider doing an FMS (Functional movement screen) it is worth the investment in injury prevention and performance
- For beginners, please dont overload the body too quickly. Unfortunately, in our quest to achieve instant results, we get injured and must stop. Getting fitter is a gradual process. Please remain in the beginner’s group until your body has readjusted to the exercise load.
- Warm-up correctly
- Join a quality workout programme
- Do strength, agility and balance training
- Foam rolling
- Have a massage
If you have any injuries or sickness, please inform the Coach before the session.