- Stock up on frozen fruits, since theyre convenient to use in your smoothie and theyre also very refreshing.
- Freeze bananas and grapes!
- Use unsweetened almond milk or coconut milk.
- A high-quality whey protein powder is great to add to smoothies, especially if youre making one for a morning meal or snack.
- Have fun and get creative with ingredients you have on hand.
Banana and Spinach
- 1 cup coconut or unsweetened almond milk or low fat milk (Optional) You can also use water
- 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder
- 1 tablespoon ground chia seeds (optional)
- 1 cup blueberries (can use frozen) optional
- 1 banana (Tip: Freeze some bananas for making your smoothies, you can add them right in frozen!)
- 1/2 cup frozen spinach
- 1 tablespoon of unsweetened peanut butter
- Add 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon if you want a warmer feel (optional)
Mix well in blender, adding in a little ice if you like, while blending.