Make Physical Activity A Regular Part Of The Day
- Join a walking group in the neighbourhood or at the local shopping mall. Recruit a partner for support and encouragement.
- Push the baby in a stroller.
- Get the whole family involved enjoy an afternoon bike ride with your kids.
- Walk up and down the soccer or softball field side-lines while watching the kids play.
- Walk the dog don’t just watch the dog walk.
- Clean the house or wash the car.
- Walk, skate, or cycle more, and drive less.
- Do stretches, exercises, or pedal a stationary bike while watching television.
- Mow the lawn with a push mower.
- Plant and care for the garden.
- Play with the kids tumble in the leaves, splash in a puddle, or dance to favourite music.
- Park your car at the far end of the carpark so you have to walk farther to the office.
- Stand up every 30 minutes.
- Replace a coffee break with a brisk 10-minute walk. Ask a friend to go with you.
- Do walking meeting.
- Do exercise before or immediately after work.
- Join a fitness group.
- Walk, jog, skate, or cycle.
- Golf (pull cart or carry clubs).
- Canoe, row, or kayak.
- Join an active sport.
- Take a nature walk.
- Play with the kids.
Most important – have fun while being active. Movement is Life.